Skagit Runners Minutes-November 29, 2007
Members present: Peter Haase, Roar Irgens, Jim Kopkowski, Kevin Ryan, Jim Carson, Bill Arnett, Alvin & Maddy Crain, Terry Sentinella, Sherrie Marble, Cynthia Buttrey
Jim Kopkowski presented financial report for review.
- BEHS records board. Terry to contact Keefer Whan. Skagit Runners will pay invoice contingent of Skagit Runners logo being added to board. Skagit Runners representative to review changes and approve. Bill motioned, Sherrie second. 10 yes/0 no/0 abstain
- Motion to give Lana a $50.00 gift certificate to Olive Garden in appreciation for her help with Fowl Fun Run. Peter motioned, Bill second. 9 yes/1 no/ 0 abstain
- Discussion of Fowl Fun Run and changes to improve for next year.
- Contact janitor in advance to ensure adequate restroom facilities and parking are available.
- Discussion of raising race fees to $15.00 day of race, $10.00 for pre-registration was tabled to be brought to vote in the fall of 2008.
- Scholarship committee: Bill, Joe & Jim. Applications to go out to coaches the 2nd week of February for six scholarships at $350.00 each.
- Free shoe program: Continue to split the cost with FootwoRx. Bill motioned to continue to support program with an initial budget of $150.00 to be revisited on an as need basis. Jim seconded.
10 yes/0 no/0 abstain
- Peter motions for club to purchase 2 canopies for use at races, Jim seconds.
8 yes/0 no/0 abstain (two members had left meeting)